Not only is it delicious, salmon is abundant in omega-3 fatty acids which, you guessed it, smooth fine lines (not to mention calm inflamed breakouts, combat skin damaging free radicals and soothe sore, red skin. If that still isn’t enough to convince you, salmon is an excellent source of protein, a building block of collagen, meaning it can literally take years off your face (yes, really!). Try this mouth-watering salmon poke bowl recipe from our friends at 12WBT.
15 mins prep time
25 mins cooking time
323 calories per serve
- 1/3 Cups Brown Rice (67g)
- 100g Smoked Salmon, torn
- 40g Baby Spinach
- 1 Cucumber (135g), diced
- 4 Red Radish (80g), finely sliced
- 2 Shallot (12g), finely sliced
- 1. Cook rice in a saucepan of boiling water for 25 minutes, until tender. Drain well and cool slightly.
- 2. Divide rice between 2 serving bowls and add salmon, spinach, cucumber, radishes, shallots, avocado and edamame beans.
- 3. Drizzle with soy sauce and lime juice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
For more quick and easy recipes that’ll have you looking (and feeling!) younger, check out Michelle Bridges 12WBT.