The health benefits of quinoa are in abundance. Along with being one of the most protein-rich foods, it contains B vitamins, which help treat age spots, acne, and pigmentation problems. Additionally it is brimming with vitamin A which help delay the ageing process. With that in mind, quinoa is a perfect base for meals to help you glow from the inside out! This recipe for a quinoa, mint and chickpea salad from our friends at 12WBT is the perfect meal to help you glow from the inside-out!
- 105g Quinoa
- 1 X 125g cans Canned Chickpeas (80g), rinsed & drained
- 1 Lebanese Cucumber (135g), chopped
- 2 Tomato (334g), chopped
- 1/2 Cups Mint Leaves (20g)
- 1/2 Cups Flat Leaf Parsley (20g)
- 1 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (20g)
- 2 Teaspoons Wholegrain Mustard (12g)
- 1 Teaspoons Olive Oil (5g)
- 1. Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve under cold running water. Cook in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- 2. Add chickpeas, cucumber, tomato, mint and parsley to quinoa and toss to combine.
- 3.Whisk lemon juice, mustard and oil in a small bowl. Add to quinoa mixture and season with freshly ground black pepper. Toss to combine, and serve.
Serves 2. 15 mins prep time. 12 mins cooking. 314 calories per serve
For more delicious recipes that will help you glow, head over to Michelle Bridges 12WBT.